Search This Blog

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Faith @ Home: What is it?

Faith @ Home:

Faith at home is a time to see God work in my life as I strive to be faithful to Him all the time.  Both as a Husband and minister to students it is important that the authenticity of being a believer transcends all areas of my life.  I cannot think of a more important place than my home life.  It is often a struggle knowing that culturally we can be drawn into very compartmentalized lifestyles.  To be a believer at times is to schedule the Lord in the busyness of my life which often leads to Sunday mornings and Wednesday nights.  The idea that this is healthy is something that is very crucial for us to break in our daily norm of Christian living. So being extremely intentional with my walk outside of the minister role and church schedule is to take faith with me in every area of living.  To break down the walls and silence the temptation that living for God is to sing songs and just merely attend church services.  That as a personal believer I can reach for Him in a 24/7 manner knowing he desires to see me grow in Him all the time. 

"There are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. There are differences of ministries, but the same Lord. And there are diversities of activities, but it is the same God who works all in all."  (1 Corinthians 12:4-6)

In Him,
Randy Beggs
Youth Pastor

1 comment:

  1. Randy, I went searching for blogs on "Faith At Home" and never dreamed I would run across a neighbor. My family and I are in McKinney.

    Our "faith at home" journey started several years ago but really got focused a couple of years ago.

    Faith at home is a revolutionary idea and one I truly believe is from the heart of our Father.

    I posted an article about our journey if you're interested at http:faithstartsathome.wordpress.com

    I will be following yours as well.

    In His Service
    Nathan

    ReplyDelete